Twilight Session - The generostiy of discussion.

I am finally getting round to posting the blog that I started after last weeks twilight session! It was a busy one with about 15 people in total - I joined at the last minute so wasn't able to catch everyone's name but there were some great talking points and it was really valuable to hear from everyone across the BAPP community. Here are a couple of points I have chosen to talk about some more:

STREAMLINING OUR THOUGHTS
It was Matthew L who had brought up the topic of how to stay on top of our reflective journals whilst we may be travelling or constantly on the move. He had found it a challenge during his travels around Europe and I have definitely experienced this before when I have been travelling and away from home for long periods of time.

For me I have chosen to really look at how I can streamline all of my thoughts in one place so that when I come to reflecting on my thoughts I am not compiling them from so many different sources. I have tried a couple of programmes such as Wunderlist, Teamwork, and Evernote for other projects and would be interested to see if they would work for me when keeping my journal. Excluding traditional pen and paper, the next best tool to use might be my phone and for a couple of reasons:
  1. It is normally with me and so convenient for use.
  2. It's small and easy to travel with.
  3. I can record my thoughts in various ways (voice notes, photos, videos, text)
  4. Information can be transferred easily to other devices such as my laptop when I have that chance to sit and reflect.
What if any technology do you use when keeping your journal? Do you have a favourite programme to compile your thoughts?

FOSTERING MY NETWORK
Another topic of particular interest to me was hearing Module 3 students talk about the process of being in touch with the people they wanted to interview in order to conduct their enquiry. We spoke about the practical issues of getting in touch with them, is e-mail the best way? should we try and meet in person to build a rapport first? what if they are not responding to you?

All of these things can understandably bring some level of frustration to your enquiry process. As I start to narrow my field of enquiry I plan to identify those who are already within my professional network that I could be beneficial to my process and continue to foster those relationships. 

THE GENEROSITY OF DISCUSSION
My final thought for this post is something that Adesola mentioned as we started the twilight session. By really engaging with each other and offering up thoughts and opinions to others throughout the online Skype sessions we are helping each other - so let's keep up the generosity of discussion through our blogs too.

Read, comment, reference, and follow each other :)



Comments

Popular Posts