Module 2 Skype Session - April 12th

This was a great session hosted by Adesola, participants from module 2 included Jae, Matthew L, Megan, and myself. I think we all left feeling like we had really gone through each of our inquiry topics and picked up on something new that we hadn't really thought about before. Here is a brief summary of what others are going to be writing about in their blogs:

Jae - Come up with your overall plan before you start worrying about how you are going to do the small things - right now we are only planning the inquiry and not actually doing it. Follow her blog - https://jaeeunan.blogspot.co.uk

Megan - Working backwards in your data collection. First think about what you need know, then know the information you are going to need to analyze, and lastly decide what it is you need to collect. Follow her blog - https://megansbappblog.blogspot.co.uk

Matthew - When you want to know more about a topic don't talk to people who only know the same information as you or are struggling with the same thing. Look for successful people that you can research and learn from. Follow his blog - http://noisejoy11.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

For myself, I particularly picked up on the note that I need to constantly relate my inquiry back to my professional practice. After all isn't that what this is all about?? My plan is to look into the technology that is available to dance teachers and as I collect my data I need to see how it would relate to my practice. How would I use something that I just discovered in my research as part of my practice? Basically it's fine to research and be knowledgeable about your inquiry topic but make sure it is going to advance/benefit your practice. 



Comments

Popular Posts