Module 2 Skype Session - May 3rd

This Skype session was hugely beneficial in terms of actually putting some pieces together for me! Although there were many great points that we spoke about and discussed in detail my main take away was to remember that we are writing a proposal to submit to the University if Middlesex which they need to approve in order for us to continue in Module 3.

This means:
  • Although Helen and Adesola will assess our work there is also a panel of external examiners who know NOTHING about us. We need to be explaining ourselves explicitly in order for a stranger to be able to read our plan and fully understand it. Introduce ourselves properly and if there is terminology specific to our practice explain what that would meant to someone who was hearing about it for the first time. 
  • Explain all of the processes. This includes what we are going to be doing throughout the inquiry but also explain thought processes and how you landed upon a decision within your inquiry. For example if I wanted to analyze if teachers are using CD's to play music in class, then as part of my data collection I would need to know if they had access to a CD player.
  • Include everything about your analysis - this is the important part! Say what you are going to do with the data and relate it back to yourself and your practice. I think perhaps I was overthinking this part of my plan, I thought "obviously I'm going to do this with my data.." but it's not obvious to someone else who isn't inside my head so once again be explicit with all your processes.
Other attendees of this session were Megan, Matt, Matthew, Arghierenia and Sophie (module 1) so check out their blogs to see what they had to say about it!

Comments

Popular Posts