Data collection is everywhere!

Already a month into module 3 and this is the first blog post I have managed to get out there!

** Correction - seeing as this post has now sat in my drafts for close to 2 weeks we are even further into the term - however the following thoughts still apply!**

Since getting back into my BAPP studies and focussing on my professional inquiry the time seems to have flown by and I admit I am little behind from my original Gantt chart time predictions set out in Module 2. I knew that it was only a guideline on how to spend my time and being flexible was always going to be a part of this process so I'm looking at this as a learning opportunity.

The first part of my enquiry is data collection and the three methods that I am choosing to use are:

  • Document Reviews
  • Focus Group
  • Interview(s)



Here are a few things I have learnt so far about this stage of my inquiry:
  1. Data collection is everywhere! What I mean by this is when you select an area knowledge that you want to find out more about (ultimately forming your inquiry topic) it should be something you are genuinely interested in. This genuine interest for me has lead to me realize that some of my research is taking place within my practice already - now I just need to recognize and acknowledge it. 
  2. Also it has been a reminder that Google and Facebook know you more than you realize. This is assuming you research a topic on any of your personal devices, you can be sure that new adverts and suggested products will "pop up".  These have been specifically selected for you and are designed to fall inline with your interests. 
  3. There is A LOT of information out there and so keeping everything organized is key! It has been a struggle to keep all the different literature I have found in order, some things are saved as tabs on my laptop, others are links on a note taking app, and then I have physical markers in books. Moving into the analysis stage of my inquiry I'll be looking to compile the information first so that it is easier for my to reference and access.
I would love to hear from other Module 3 students to see if they have experienced any of the same things as me! Leave me a comment!


Comments

Popular Posts