Online Discussion Group - 31st Oct

This was my first online discussion group and there were quite a few people in attendance so there was lots to talk about! It was great to hear from everyone else and what they were currently thinking about and wanting to discuss with the group, I also got some insight into what those in module 2&3 are working on.

The main subject that struck me was brought up by Matt D and it was about perfectionism in academia. Now this was a big talking point, and as a discussion group is designed to do, we talked and naturally found smaller topics that fell under the main subject umbrella. This is where we started to discuss our thought processes and how we keep track of our thoughts whilst working through something.

Interesting. I don't know that I have actually ever thought about what my process is. Is it because it's something that I naturally do and so therefore my body and mind takes on that same process each time? I suppose I have just thought "well that how I always do it" and so never paused to reflect upon my process and how it works for me, or could I do anything differently to produce a different result?

It is something that I'll be thinking about more over the next few weeks as I head back into the studio and start choreographing new routines. What is my process and how do I keep track of my thoughts? Adesola said something during the online discussion that stood out to me and it was about leaving ourselves a breadcrumb trail of our own thoughts so that we can track it back to where we began. I'll be working on creating this trail for myself and looking for a way to record my process that works best for me. Wish me luck!


Comments

Popular Posts